Followers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Fan and Faux Silk

I hope you're all enjoying your summer, for those of you that
 have summer at this time of year that is.
We've had some scorchers here in Manitoba and I'm hoping it'll continue for a while longer.
I have a FAN CARD tutorial for you, with a twist,
 I've used the FAUX SILK technique as well.

 I can't remember where I got the 
initial pattern from, surfing around somewhere I'm sure.
So, start by printing out the template below onto cardstock.
(Just right click on it and either save it to your computer or print out the image)
 Cut out all the pieces like so...........
Now, to do the faux silk, you just cut out a piece of tissue paper, plain or patterned.  Scrunch it up then smooth it out--it should have wrinkles, use a glue stick to glue it to one of the fan pieces.
Then cut around the edges
Continue for all the pieces, then put a small hole in the bottom of each piece one.  I've joined mine together with a pearl brad, but you can use ribbon with a nice bow as well.
I decided to make mine quite simple, some other suggestions are to use design paper on your card stock, if you don't want to go with the faux silk design.  Also, you can stamp on the tissue paper or directly onto your cardstock.
For the image on this fan I've used one of my favorites from the Prairie Fairy Shop
There you have it!!!
I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and I so look forward to seeing what you create
and here's hoping you continue to have a great summer.

xxx

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh Hun this is just gorgeous oh the detail is just brilliant so so beautiful hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and treasure all your lovely comments
Thank you

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...